Agape University offers classes that are dedicated to the creation of leaders "committed first to their own spiritual transformation," Michael Beckwith's university offers classes for basic studies, practitioner studies and even ministerial studies. The "program is three years in length Upon graduation the title of reverend is conferred upon those who graduate from our ministerial program."
BASIC COURSE OF STUDY
There are ten basic classes required before the student may enter into practitioner studies:
• Foundations Courses in Science and Spirituality
• Universal Principles, Themes and Laws Governing Spiritual Living – F1
• New Thought and Ancient Wisdom Teachings and Practices – F2
• Transcendent Masters – F3 - $285
• Meditation Practices & Principles – SP1 - $235
• Meditation and the Evolution of Consciousness – SP2
• Prayer, A Way of Life – SP3
• Prayer As Expanded Awareness – SP4
• Visioning – SP5 - $235
• Plenty to Spare, Plenty to Share – TS035
--Basically between $250 to $400 per class - total approximately $3000
(After completion of the 10 basic classes and with various recommendations) The individual interested in Practitioner certification will then go through at least two years of training. "A Practitioner is recognized as the first level of the clergy."
$1,150 total tuition and fees for the first year
--last checked in 2010 by NTN journalists
Checklist for aspirants Entering the Agape Ministerial Studies Program:
• Application Fee: $150
• Completion of this Application form
• Attachment of Recent Photo to Application
• Validation of Current Practitioner License
• Spiritual Biography and Professional Resume
• Three Letters of Recommendation: one minister, two practitioners
• Students without baccalaureate degrees may earn a Bachelor’s degree in Consciousness Studies from UTSLA.
COMPLETION OF MINISTERIAL STUDIES at AGAPE UNIVERSITY REQUIRES
• Within 7 years (but not less than 3 years)
• Complete 105 credit hours,
• Attend required symposiums and retreats,
• Complete required class activities and assignments,
• Write and submit a thesis or culminating project, and
• Successfully complete the comprehensive examination.
The cost for ministerial studies is $150 per credit hour, which is exclusive of course materials and supplies, conferences, retreats and other miscellaneous expenditures required for the completion of independent study projects and other special assignments. A non-refundable application processing fee of $150 must be paid when the application is submitted.
105 hours x $150 = $15,750 plus extras
5601 W. Slauson Ave
Culver City, CA 90230
Current bottom line for you to plant your spiritual seeds here:
about $3000 for basic studies (online studies available)
at least $2000 for practitioner studies
$15,750 plus aforementioned additional fees and expenses for ministerial studies leading to ordination
minimal investment $20,750
Our journalists last checked on this information in November 2010
Visit the website of Beckwith University to explore their program directly.